What are TheMarket e-Gift Cards?
An e-Gift Card from TheMarket is the ultimate way to Get Giving All Done with the gift of choice across millions of products, thousands of brands. Biggie or smalls, choose any amount between $20 and $500. TheMarket e-Gift Cards can be instantly emailed to anyone or printed at home.
TheMarket e-Gift Cards work just like regular Gift Cards, however, a digital card with a code is emailed to the recipient. A copy of the e-Gift Card will also be sent to the purchaser as confirmation that the email was sent.
The lucky recipient will receive a snazzy email featuring their electronic Gift Card with a beautifully crafted personal message written by the generous sender.
The recipient can use this e-Gift Card all at once on TheMarket.com, or as many times as they like. Each time the e-Gift Card is used, the recipient will receive an email notifying them of their updated e-Gift Card details and balance.
Do you offer Physical Gift Cards?
Not yet! If you want something physical to give to your recipient, you can enter your own email address as the recipient and print out the e-Gift Card to give them in person.
How do I purchase an e-Gift Card?
Head to https://themarket.com/nz/gift-cards then follow these steps:
- Enter the amount you which to make your e-Gift Card, this must be between $20 and $500 (if you're feeling generous!).
- Enter the persons email you would like to send the e-Gift Card to in the 'Recipient Email' field.
- Add your personal touch which will be included in the email we'll send to your recipient. Enter the recipients name, your name (or the senders name) and a message to your recipient.
Note: Only one e-Gift Card can be purchase at a time, and e-Gift Cards cannot be purchased with any other items in your cart at the same time.
Looking for a larger amount or for corporate e-Gift Card options? Email cs@Themarket.nz.
What will the recipient receive once I place an order?
The recipient will receive an email that looks like the below example:
How long are the e-Gift Cards valid?
TheMarket e-Gift Cards are valid for 12 months from the purchase date.
Does the recipient have to have an account on TheMarket to receive the e-Gift Card?
The recipient doesn’t have to have an account in order to receive an e-Gift Card. You can gift to anyone who is based in New Zealand. The recipient will create an account on TheMarket as they check out.
Can the recipient used the e-Gift Card to ship overseas?
We currently only ship to New Zealand addresses, so please check your recipient is based in New Zealand so that they can make good use of the e-Gift Card.
How do I redeem an e-Gift Card?
Firstly, you’re in the right place! Your e-Gift Card can be used to purchase any items on TheMarket.com. Once you have browsed our site and added your items to your cart, click cart, and then click Checkout.
At the Checkout, scroll down until you see ‘Your e-Gift Card’ and enter the e-Gift Card number from your email in this field, and click ‘Redeem. You will see your e-Gift Card amount appear in the Order Summary below.
If the value of your e-Gift Card balance is less than the order total, you can simply pay for the remaining balance with either Credit Card or pay in instalments via ZIP.
My e-Gift Card is not valid at Checkout, help!
If you have already used part of your e-Gift Card, you will be issued with a new e-Gift Card number with the remaining balance.
Check your email for an email with the subject ‘Your remaining e-Gift Card Credit’ for the new card details!
If you’re still having trouble, please reach out to our customer service team who will be more than happy to help.
The e-Gift Card is added but I can’t see the savings?
If you are able to enter the e-Gift Card and can see it says it has applied successfully but you cannot see the savings, please make sure you have entered your delivery address further up the page first. Once you have entered your address, the e-Gift Card savings should appear. Please note that the delivery address entered will not be used for this order, however it is a currently a requirement of our checkout.
What are the e-Gift Card Terms and Conditions?
- Once the e-Gift Card is used, any unused value associated with the e-Gift Card will be reissued with a new code and will remain valid until the expiry date stated on the e-Gift Card.
- If your order exceeds the amount of your e-Gift Card, you must pay for the balance with a credit card or other agreed form of payment.
- TheMarket e-Gift Cards are not redeemable for cash.
- TheMarket e-Gift Cards are not refundable.
- Valid for 12 months from the purchase of the e-Gift Card.
- Recipients may only use TheMarket e-Gift Card for purchases online at TheMarket.com
- The e-Gift Card will not be replaced if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- Each e-Gift Card is identified by individual code that must not be changed or copied by purchaser.
- The purchaser is not allowed to transfer, re-assign, or re-sell e-Gift Cards.
- Only one e-Gift Card can be redeemed per transaction
TheMarket provides the facilities to present and redeem e-Gift Cards through the checkout system. Any e-Gift Card is to be used at the discretion of TheMarket. TheMarket also holds the right to terminate any e-Gift Card which they believe is being misused.