Win a trip for two – a gourmet weekend in Wellington worth up to NZD$2000
The prizes and how to enter:
- The promotional period begins on Wednesday, 7th July 2021 and finishes on Tuesday, 20th July 2021. The winner will be drawn on Wednesday, 21st July 2021.
- The Promotion comprises entering the draw to win a trip to Wellington to attend Visa Wellington On A Plate (VWOAP) for two (2) people.
- One winner will be drawn at random to claim one (1) prize valued at up to NZD$2,000. The travel package for 2 people includes:
- Return flights for two (2) to Wellington, departing Saturday 28th August and returning Monday 30th of August 2021.Return flights will be arranged to depart from the winner’s closest airport, where closest airport is not Wellington (WLG) itself.
- Return transfers from the airport to accommodation in Wellington
- Two (2) nights' accommodation at a VWOAP Partner Hotel in Wellington including breakfast for two (2) people
- Dining vouchers, valued at NZ$240 to use at participating VWOAP inner city Wellington bars or eateries
- Tickets for two (2) people to Panhead Custom Ales presents: Blue Smoke on 29th August 2021.
- VWOAP Goodie Bag.
- To enter the Promotion you must, during the promotional period:
a) Complete the online entry form during the period beginning at 00:01 Tuesday 7th of July 2021 until midnight Tuesday, 20th July 2021. Enter your legal name and email address at https://themarket.com/nz/precincts/win-a-trip-to-wellington-with-visa/68196. Entrants who provide incorrect, misleading, or fraudulent information are ineligible to participate in the promotion.
b) After submitting the entry form, complete any purchase on TheMarket.com prior to 23:59 Tuesday, 20th July 2021 with any Visa debit or credit card. Order cancellation initiated by the entrant will invalidate the corresponding entry into the draw.
c) Enter the Promotion in your name only. The entrant may be requested to provide appropriate photo identification to confirm proof of identity, e.g. passport and/or a valid driver’s license.
d) Be a New Zealand resident of 18 years or older at time of entry.
e) Stay subscribed to TheMarket.com newsletter at the time of the prize draw to be eligible to redeem the prize.
- By entering this Promotion, entrants give consent to receiving subsequent promotional emails from TheMarket and Visa. Entrants can unsubscribe from any future marketing communications via the unsubscribe link contained within such communications.
- Each completed and valid entry will go into the prize draw. Each completed entry form and subsequent transaction on TheMarket with any Visa debit or credit card constitute a single entry into the draw.
a) Additionally, all valid entrants will automatically receive five (5) additional entries into the prize draw with any purchase transaction on TheMarket.com paid with any Visa debit or credit card during the promotional period. There is no limit to the number of times such additional entries can be acquired within the promotional period, as long as each results from a separate valid transaction. Order cancellations initiated by the entrant will invalidate the corresponding entry into the draw.
b) And, all valid entrants will automatically receive five (5) additional entries into the prize draw for saving their Visa card details at the checkout. Such entries can only be received once. Order cancellations will invalidate the corresponding entry into the draw.
c) And, all valid entrants will automatically receive five (5) additional entries into the prize draw if they are subscribed members of TheMarket Club on the date of the prize draw. To verify your subscription status, log into your user account.
- All completed and valid entries received by midnight Tuesday, 20th July 2021 will be entered into the prize draw.
- Winner will be contacted on Wednesday, 21st July 2021 between the hours of 9am and 5pm. In the event that a prize winner is not able to be contacted or cannot validate their entry within 2 working days of being contacted, the prize will be redrawn on 23rd July 2021 on the same terms as the original draw.
- The winner must be able to present valid proof of identity, e.g. passport and/or a valid driver’s license, in order to be eligible to redeem the prize.
- The winner must agree to their name, region and photo being published on TheMarket and Visa websites and in other marketing material produced by both companies, and to any publicity both companies require as part of receiving their prize. The winner agrees to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose, without compensation.
- The winner agrees to grant TheMarket and Visa a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use their entries in all media and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- Prizes are courtesy of TheMarket.com Limited and Visa Inc.
- Entry into this competition is deemed acceptance of any applicable Terms and Conditions. All entries become the property of TheMarket and Visa.
- Entry is open to all residents of New Zealand except for employees and their immediate families of TheMarket.com Limited, Visa, and their subsidiaries and related entities.
- TheMarket and Visa reserve the right to extend, postpone, or cancel a competition and to update the terms and conditions without notice. In the event of the festival cancellation or winner’s inability to travel due to COVID restrictions, an alternative trip to Wellington will be offered within three (3) months. The tickets to the festival event will be substituted with a voucher to dine at a VWOAP Partner Restaurant in Wellington.
- The prize must be taken between Saturday 28th August and Monday 30th August 2021.
- The prize will be organised by Wellington Culinary Events Trust and Visa for timings that are convenient for the prize winner across the relevant dates.
- The winner and their travelling companion must have valid passports /IDs at the time of travel
in order to redeem the prize.
- Flights and accommodation will be subject to availability at the time of booking.
- Travel within the prize destination except for provided airport transfer in Wellington, additional meals and drinks (including alcohol), taxes, in-room charges, international phone calls, internet access, valid passports, additional transfers, insurance and all other ancillary costs are not included in the prize and are the responsibility of the winner.
- It is a condition of accepting any prize with a travel element that all components of the prize be taken during the trip, that all persons taking the trip depart from and return at the same time to the same location, unless otherwise agreed by TheMarket and Visa, and that all persons taking the trip sign a waiver of liability and an indemnity in the form determined by TheMarket and Visa in its absolute discretion.
- The total prize package is valued at up to NZD$2,000. If for any reason the winner or their chosen travel companion cannot use any part of the prize package then that part will be forfeited without substitution or compensation.
- Prize value is correct at the time of printing and no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize or the nature of any prize item.
- The winner will be solely responsible for their travel companion, including ensuring that they understand and adhere to all relevant terms and conditions of this Promotion.
- TheMarket and Visa may be required by law to disclose any of the information that you provide. TheMarket and Visa will only make the disclosure if it believes, in good faith, that it is required to do so.
- TheMarket and Visa’s decision in relation to any aspect of the promotion is final and binding on every person who enters, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferrable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. TheMarket and Visa accept no responsibility for any variation in prize value.
- TheMarket and Visa accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from acceptance of the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by TheMarket and Visa, that prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that prize.
- In the event that any prize item is unavailable for any reason TheMarket and Visa reserve the right to substitute it for a different prize item of equal or greater value.
- Any product images or photos used in promotional material for this competition either in store or online are indicative only.
- TheMarket and Visa and any other agencies associated with this promotion will not be responsible for any late, lost or misdirected entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems.
- TheMarket and Visa and any other agencies associated with this promotion will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which may be sustained, directly or indirectly, or for any personal injury suffered or sustained by any entrant or prize winner in connection with any product purchased for this competition or any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand.