30 Day Return Policy
If you've changed your mind, you can return your item as long as it is in a re-sellable condition and is unopened within 30 days of delivery. Note that some exclusions apply for restricted items.
You can return eligible items for free, at one of our MarketPoint locations, or you can send items back via courier. Please Create a Return Request and we'll send you the return address via email for the item you wish to return.
The below items are not eligible to be returned to TheMarket MarketPoint locations:
- Heavier than 25kg
- More than 0.125m3 in size
- Dangerous goods
- Perishable goods (such as food)
- Have a value of over $400
- Alcohol Products
TheMarket will accept returns for faulty or defective items in line with the Consumer Guarantees Act as long as the fault or defect is reported as soon as it occurs. You cannot claim if:
- You used the product in a way that was outside the intended purpose/use.
- You broke or lost the product, accidental or non-accidental damage.
- You modified the product, and this is what caused the issue.
- Normal wear and tear within the reasonable life of the product
Unless you are returning a faulty item, all returns must be returned in a re-sellable condition, ie. goods must be in unused condition, free from debris/fibers/animal hair, in original packaging with product manuals, instructions, invoice included and with all labels intact. Please do not write directly onto the product packaging.
We cannot accept change of mind returns for the following restricted items:
- Face Masks
- Consumables (food, drink, supplements)
- Items with potential hygiene issues
- Jewellery (earrings/earring charms, piercing jewellery)
- Medical devices such as Rapid Antigen Tests
- Mobile Phones
- Music CDs, Vinyl records and Tapes
- Mystery boxes
- PC and Gaming Console Software
- Personal Care Items/Health and Beauty products
- Underwear (bras, sports bras, underpants, undergarments)
- Unsealed printer cartridges
- VR headsets
- Tech Wearables (smart watches, smart rings etc)
These products are still guaranteed under the Consumer Guarantees Act.
Important note: Tents will be sent back to the supplier who will assess the tents to determine if they are covered under the Returns Policy. Once the supplier receives the tent it may take up to 14 business days to complete the assessment.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold on TheMarket website. In the event that goods sold are defective, faulty or not fit for purpose, the Seller has the obligation to repair, replace or refund.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
If the returned product is still under warranty, the repair will be at the seller's expense. There may be an assessment fee on electrical items which include Mobile Phones, iPods and Gaming System Hardware. If the product is out of warranty, then the Seller can still have the product repaired, however the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer unless the product is faulty or otherwise defective.
Shipping the product to TheMarket or the seller for repair will be at the customers' expense.
If a coupon was applied to an order, the coupon or portion of coupon used on item will only be reimbursed for returns where the item(s) are:
- Incorrect item received.
- Damaged upon arrival.
- Differs from advertised image – applies only if TheMarket can determine item differs from advertised image.
Please note that Shipping will not be refunded for change of mind returns.