TheMarket offers returns for 30 days from the date a customer receives their order.
- Customers can return items for free, at one of TheMarket MarketPoint locations, or
- Customers can send items back via their own delivery method, to TheMarket Central returns location in New Zealand, or to the Merchant's return location in New Zealand
NOTE: TheMarket will accept returns for faulty or defective items within a reasonable timeframe as long as the fault or defect is reported as soon as it occurs. You cannot claim if:
- You used the product in a way that a reasonable consumer would not
- You used the product so much that it is reasonable that it broke
- You broke or lost the product
- You modified the product, and this is what caused the issue
All returns must be returned in the original conditioning with packaging intact and including all labels, please do not write directly onto the product packaging as return will not be accepted.
If the reason you are returning is due to an error from us or our Sellers, please contact us before you ship the item back.
MarketPoint Location exclusions: Please note, we can not accept items at MarketPoint Locations which are:
- Heavier than 25kg
- More than 0.125m3 in size
- Dangerous goods
- Have a value of over $400
- Alcohol Products
Not applicable for items that have restrictions and exceptions resulting from New Zealand Copyright laws and health and safety issues mean a refund or exchange is only available for the following products if that product is defective:
- Mobile Phones
- Music CDs and Tapes
- PC and Gaming Console Software
- Underwear – swimwear
- Jewellery (earrings/earring charms, rings/toe-rings, watches)
- Personal Care Items
- Health and Beauty products
- Any item where there may be hygiene considerations
- Printer cartridges (when packaging is opened)
- VR headsets
- Wearables purchased
NOTE: These products are still guaranteed under the Consumer Guarantees Act
Important note: Tents will be sent back to the supplier who will assess the tents to determine if covered under the Returns Policy. Note once the supplier receives the tent onsite will take up to 14 business days to complete assessment.
Consumer Guarantees Act 1993
The Consumer Guarantees Act sets out minimum standards for goods sold on TheMarket website. In the event that goods sold are deficient or are faulty, the Seller has the obligation to repair, replace or refund.
Fair Trading Act 1986
The Fair Trading Act is designed to protect the customer from being misled, either intentionally or unintentionally. This applies to all aspects of the promotion and sale of goods and services including: pricing; where the product was made; where the product is from; the meeting of New Zealand safety standards; availability of products in store and the sales techniques used. The Commerce Commission enforces the Fair Trading Act 1986.
General return expectations
Buyers requesting to return a TheMarket item within TheMarket Return Policy will have their return request approved immediately. They receive an instant Return Reference and shipping label if applicable (applicable for Subscriber customers). They can also drop to one of TheMarket MarketPoint locations for free.
No Regrets Money Back Guarantee
Our No Regrets policy is a key aspect of our business. If a customer has proof that they purchased the goods from TheMarket website within the 30 days of receipt, they may obtain a refund. A refund will be processed back by the method used to pay the original purchase. In an instance when the original card cannot be refunded, we will need to make alternative arrangements with you. In the first instance you will need to contact one of our customer experience team to let them help with the refund.
This applies if:
- You did not receive your item
- Order is not the same as advertised
- Item is faulty/does not work
If free shipping has applied to you order, and you return the item due to change of mind, the original shipping amount, at the merchants discretion, may be deducted from the return refund.
The No Regrets Money Back Guarantee policy does not apply to products:
- Covered by warranty (such as iPods, Gaming Consoles and products covered by extended warranty)
- Hygiene Products (such as underwear and swimwear)
- Copyright infringement products (such as CDs, DVDs and Gaming Software)
Where the products are faulty or damaged due to manufacturing faults we will either:
(i) replace the products; or
(ii) repair the product under the manufacturers guarantee;
(iii) give you a refund less shipping
If the returned product is still under warranty, the repair will be at the Sellers expense. There may be an assessment fee on electrical items which include Mobile Phones, iPods and Gaming System Hardware. If the product is out of warranty, then the Seller can still have the product repaired, however the cost of the repair will be charged to the customer unless the product is faulty or otherwise defective.
Jewellery Returns and Guarantee Policy
Our Guarantees to You
- Manufacturing defects do not include normal fair wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.
Money Back Guarantee.
- All Diamonds in the range of Jewellery sold on TheMarket are non-conflict Diamonds
- All Gemstones and Diamond specifications shall equal or exceed the specifications stated.
- TheMarket DOES NOT have any synthetic gemstones unless stated in the specifications for that product. Diamonds are guaranteed to be Diamonds.
- "Valuation Guarantee" All rings purchased from the website over the price of $500 will have an independent valuation carried out by the valuation company Advanced Gem Laboratory. Most of our loose Diamonds come with an International Certification Certificate which verifies the grade of each diamond.
Our Jewellery Returns Policy
- Where you have simply changed your mind, you will be covered under TheMarkets 30 day guarantee. This only applies to all purchases that are still in an as-new condition.
- All products returned must be in their original unused condition, specifications and packaging (unless faulty), along with any accompanying accessories/Guarantees/Instructions together with the invoice and/or packing slip accompanying the products.
- Products cannot be returned if they have been engraved, modified, damaged, altered or sized. This includes rings sized at your request as we will not resell a ring to another customer after it has already been sized.
- All purchases must be returned and inspected before any refund will be granted
- Due to health regulations we are unable to refund any earrings purchases. Any earrings purchased from TheMarket website will be covered for any manufacturing faults.
- We do not refund or exchange items that have been specifically custom made for you e.g. a wedding ring made to order, or has been sized to your requirements etc.
- Manufacturing defects do not include normal wear and tear and any damaged caused by accidental or non-accidental damage.